It’s 66 days until the new NFL season begins but for a football mad guy like me that’s just too long so I’ve taken it upon myself to go over each NFL schedule and try and predict for all of you what may happen once the season rolls around.
The previews of the AFC South conclude today with the Houston Texans who went 10-6 in 2011. Here’s how I think their season will go:
- Week 1 vs Miami Dolphins – Win
- Week 2 at Jacksonville Jaguars – Win
- Week 3 at Denver Broncos – Win
- Week 4 vs Tennessee Titans – Win
- Week 5 at New York Jets – Win
- Week 6 vs Green Bay Packers – Win
- Week 7 vs Baltimore Ravens – Win
- Week 8 BYE
- Week 9 vs Buffalo Bills – Win
- Week 10 at Chicago Bears – Loss
- Week 11 vs Jacksonville Jaguars – Win
- Week 12 at Detroit Lions – Loss
- Week 13 at Tennessee Titans – Win
- Week 14 at New England Patriots – Win
- Week 15 vs Indianapolis Colts – Win
- Week 16 vs Minnesota Vikings – Win
- Week 17 at Indianapolis Colts – Win
Overall Record for the Houston Texans in 2012: 14-2
As far as schedules go the Texans have everything going their way in 2012 as while they come up against some very good teams such as New England, Green Bay and Chicago they have quite a few much softer matchups. The AFC South is very much theirs for the taking at the moment with Indianapolis reeling from the loss of Peyton Manning, Jacksonville still quite a way from finding their feet and Tennessee having lost their way somewhat.
There are three spots on this schedule that Houston fans need to be aware of: the three game stretch prior to the bye where the Texans face the Jets, Packers and Ravens in succession, the three games in a row that are all on the road at Detroit, Tennessee and New England and finally the three games to finish the season which are almost certain to see Houston playoff bound as they finish off with Indianapolis twice and the Minnesota Vikings sandwiched in between. Matt Schaub is definitely going to earn his free agency money with a schedule like this. Fully expect the Texans to be contenders for the AFC’s #1 seed in the playoffs.
That’s it for the AFC South. Next week NFL Spin Zone’s schedule previews continue with the AFC West.