It’s 53 days until the new NFL season begins but for a football mad guy like me that’s just too long so I’ve taken it upon myself to go over each NFL schedule and try and predict for all of you what may happen once the season rolls around.
We continue our trek through the AFC East schedule with the Miami Dolphins who went 6-10 in 2011. Here’s how I think their season will go:
- Week 1 at Houston Texans – Loss
- Week 2 vs Oakland Raiders – Loss
- Week 3 vs New York Jets – Loss
- Week 4 at Arizona Cardinals – Loss
- Week 5 at Cincinnati Bengals – Loss
- Week 6 vs St Louis Rams – Win
- Week 7 BYE
- Week 8 at New York Jets – Loss
- Week 9 at Indianapolis Colts – Win
- Week 10 vs Tennessee Titans – Loss
- Week 11 at Buffalo Bills – Loss
- Week 12 vs Seattle Seahawks – Loss
- Week 13 vs New England Patriots – Loss
- Week 14 at San Francisco 49ers – Loss
- Week 15 vs Jacksonville Jaguars – Win
- Week 16 vs Buffalo Bills – Loss
- Week 17 at New England Patriots – Loss
Overall Record for the Miami Dolphins in 2012: 3-13
The Miami Dolphins always have a tough schedule being one of the weaker teams of the AFC East and this year is no exception with the other three teams in the division looking particularly strong. There is promise for Miami fans of some close games with a few relatively weak teams on the schedule but when it comes down to it the Dolphins appear to be at a weak point in their transition to being competitive once again as head coach Joe Philbin attempts to install a traditional west coast offense without a noted receiver or quarterback – although I expect Matt Moore to perform fairly well.
All in all a difficult year ahead for the Miami Dolphins but hopefully by the end of it they’ll be in good shape to challenge the rest of the division once more.
Just one more team in the AFC remains to have their schedule scrutinized as tomorrow we finish our look at the AFC East with the New England Patriots.