It’s 40 days until the new NFL season begins but for a football mad guy like me that’s just too long so I’ve taken it upon myself to go over each NFL schedule and try and predict for all of you what may happen once the season rolls around.
With our focus now on the NFC South, we move on to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who went 4-12 in 2011. Here’s how I think their season will go:
- Week 1 vs Carolina Panthers – Loss
- Week 2 at New York Giants – Loss
- Week 3 at Dallas Cowboys – Loss
- Week 4 vs Washington Redskins – Loss
- Week 5 BYE
- Week 6 vs Kansas City Chiefs – Loss
- Week 7 vs New Orleans Saints – Loss
- Week 8 at Minnesota Vikings – Win
- Week 9 at Oakland Raiders – Loss
- Week 10 vs San Diego Chargers – Loss
- Week 11 at Carolina Panthers – Loss
- Week 12 vs Atlanta Falcons – Loss
- Week 13 at Denver Broncos – Loss
- Week 14 vs Philadelphia Eagles – Loss
- Week 15 at New Orleans Saints – Loss
- Week 16 vs St Louis Rams – Loss
- Week 17 at Atlanta Falcons – Loss
Overall Record for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012: 1-15
Oh dear – I know this isn’t going to go down well with Bucs fans and it most certainly shouldn’t On paper this schedule is pretty middle of the road despite facing the NFC East and all the tough divisional games. When it comes right down to it I am just finding it very difficult to have any belief in this team at all. As I have said in previous posts, I have zero faith in particular in the ability of quarterback Josh Freeman to perform and I think he’s ultimately going to be an NFL bust.
When I watched the Bucs play last year there was little to be inspired about as we saw the team collapse due to a lack of leadership both from head coach Raheem Morris and Josh Freeman. Now Morris is out and Schiano is in and while I like this move immensely all I see on this team is a bunch of guys who hope to do well but ultimately have a lot to prove. Even with their stellar offseason signings this isn’t enough as this is a team with no identity and tracking in the wrong direction.