11. San Diego Chargers – Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina – After having to juggle running backs due to injuries the past few years, the Chargers finally do something about their run block by adding stand out Tar Heel guard, Jonathan Cooper. This is a great pick up for San Diego, Cooper is a very athletic lineman and former wrestler who is very good with his hands. Cooper will provide San Diego with the run block support that they’ve been missing for the last few years.
12. Miami Dolphins – Bjorn Werner, DE, FSU – The Dolphins get Bjorn Werner who many thought would be a top 5 pick all the way down at pick #12. The Dolphins just signed a big CB in Brent Grimes in free agency, plus there should be some very high potential CB picks at the top of round 2 to fill in the #2 slot and eventually become #1. The Dolphins hit a home-run here filling their greatest need with one of the best overall players available at pick #12.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia – Tampa Bay can’t let a linebacker like Jones fall any farther than 13th overall. They have a glaring need for an upgraded linebacker corps. Not only that, but Jarvis Jones according to the body of work he’s put on film, is the best player available at this point in the draft. They take him, wisely and become a force to be reckoned with next season in the NFC South which can be 2013’s best division in the NFL.
14. Carolina Panthers– Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri – The Panthers continue to build up their talent rich but hole-y defense with one of the top 4-3 defensive tackles in this class. Richardson would join an up and coming defense anchored by Luke Kuechly at MLB and Charles Johnson at DE. The Panthers also signed free agent DBs Drayton Florence (CB from Detroit) and Mike Mitchell (SS from Oakland) who will step in and make an immediate impact in the Carolina secondary.
15. Cleveland Browns (trade with New Orleans)– Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU – The Browns get a few extra picks trading down with New Orleans here yet still fill their hole at pass rushing jack DE/OLB. Without a 2nd round pick this year the Browns needed to do something to get some slack. The Saints don’t have a 2nd round to give but I’m sure Cleveland gets this years 3rd and another pick from the Saints in 2014, yet still get one of this draft’s elite pass rushers
Topics: Barkevious Mingo, Bjorn Werner, Carolina Panthers, Charles Johnson, Cleveland Browns, Drayton Florence, Jarvis Jones, Lane Johnson, Luke Kuechly, Miami Dolphins, Mike Mitchell, NFL Draft, San Diego Chargers, Sheldon Richardson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers