It’s 55 days until the new NFL season begins but for a football mad guy like me that’s just too long so I’ve taken it upon myself to go over each NFL schedule and try and predict for all of you what may happen once the season rolls around.
This week we finish up the AFC by looking at the highly contentious AFC East starting with the Buffalo Bills who went 6-10 in 2011. Here’s how I think their season will go:
- Week 1 at New York Jets – Win
- Week 2 vs Kansas City Chiefs – Win
- Week 3 at Cleveland Browns – Win
- Week 4 vs New England Patriots – Loss
- Week 5 at San Francisco 49ers – Loss
- Week 6 at Arizona Cardinals – Win
- Week 7 vs Tennessee Titans – Win
- Week 8 BYE
- Week 9 at Houston Texans – Loss
- Week 10 at New England Patriots – Win
- Week 11 vs Miami Dolphins – Win
- Week 12 at Indianapolis Colts – Loss
- Week 13 vs Jacksonville Jaguars – Win
- Week 14 vs St Louis Rams – Win
- Week 15 vs Seattle Seahawks (in Toronto) – Loss
- Week 16 at Miami Dolphins – Win
- Week 17 vs New York Jets – Loss
Overall Record for the Buffalo Bills in 2012: 10-6
The Buffalo Bills season is one exemplified by one thing – inconsistency. As schedules go the Bills have it pretty easy this season despite being in the dreaded AFC East as they get matched up against the relatively harmless AFC South and competitive but uninspiring NFC West.
Rebounding from 6-10 to 10-6 may look like a terrific turnaround but in actual fact there are a number of missed opportunities here given the likely strength of the Buffalo defense and the continued improvement of their no-name offense. Looking back there are three crucial losses the Bills will regret – those against the Colts, Seahawks and Jets. Buffalo may be trending in the right direction but when it comes down to it do the have the elite players to push them over the top? Maybe one more year will do it.
Be sure to check out NFL Spin Zone again tomorrow as we continue looking at the AFC East schedule this time highlighting the New York Jets.