The Super Bowl is getting closer every day. The San Francisco 49ers had a bittersweet practice. On one hand Ahmad Brooks returned to practice, albeit in a limited role, as he continues to struggle with a shoulder injury. The bitter part is on the other hand, Aldon Smith was limited in practice as well. We’ve included a full injury report for the 49ers below
The following players are battling injuries as well and fully participated in Wednesday’s practice:
- RB Frank Gore (shoulder, ankle)
- LB Patrick Willis (shoulder)
- RB LaMichael James (finger)
- OG Mike Iupati (shoulder)
- DT Justin Smith (elbow, triceps)
- CB Tarell Brown (shoulder)
- LB Navarro Bowman (shoulder)
- TE Garrett Celek (foot)
- RB Bruce Miller (shoulder)
- LB Clark Haggans (shoulder)
Both Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith are expected to play in the Super Bowl on Sunday.
But what has me curious is what’s going on in San Francisco that has so many players out with shoulder injuries?
Is it an equipment problem, are they using those single strap back packs of the 90s that cause so many problems and scoliosis outbreaks?
Maybe they just have learned to hit and tackle properly and aren’t leading with their head like a lot of NFL human missles, aka defensive players.
Either way, they aren’t battling two many injuries with the big game on the horizon.