16. St. Louis Rams – Tavon Austin, WR, WVU – The Rams will be very lucky if Tavon is on the board for them here. He’s the perfect 1st round player for them providing them with a playmaking receiver and returner. Austin like McClustor can also take a few snaps at the RB position in certain packages giving Daryl Richardson a spell or two (but I’m sure the Rams will find another RB that can spell Richardson full time). He’s the full package, or at least appears to be. We’ll see come September if Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey made Geno or if it’s the other way around.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers – Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State – The Steelers’ whole defense is getting old, they need to start going position by position. Not only is Hankins one of the best prospects on the board here, but he’s also a true nose tackle which is very rare and hard to find. If he pans out the way everyone thinks, he can be the perfect first block in the rebuilding of the Steelers.
18. Dallas Cowboys – Kenny Vaccarro, S, Texas – The Cowboys love making sexy picks. This year they can fill their biggest need doing it. They take Kenny Vaccaro, one of the hottest, most talked about players in this year’s draft. Kenny doesn’t travel far and keeps his in state Longhorn fanbase by being picked 18th overall by the Dallas Cowboys
19. New York Giants – Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia The Giants get the pick of the inside linebacker litter here at #19. It’s a tough choice, between Alec Ogletree, the long time #1 ILB prospect in this year’s draft and Kansas State’s Arthur Brown. Both had great seasons leading top 10 ranked defenses to be conference championship contenders. Alec Ogletree carries a little more liability with minor injuries and off field issues but is clearly the most exciting ILB in the draft this year, putting up numbers that still outshine other players at his position despite playing 10 games. Without his off field drama, I’d think Alec would be top 15 maybe even a top 10 pick. The Giants have trust in their coaching staff to keep this kid on track and pick him up with the 19th overall pick.
20. Chicago Bears – Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State
Guess who else needs an inside linebacker and has a great prospect on the board? That’s right. The Bears. Arthur Brown seems to be a great replacement for Urlacher. Both were said to be undersized for their position (Arthur Brown’s biggest knock). Chicago understands that size isn’t everything and that it’s possible to play bigger than you actually are. What better place for Arthur Brown to step in immediately in the shoes of a great player with similar criticisms and prove the critics wrong?