A complete turn around from their 2011 season where they finished 2-14, the St. Louis Rams finished the 2012 season 7-8-1 which was good enough to take 3rd place in the powerful NFC West.
Their tie from last season, came against the San Francisco 49ers, where Alex Smith suffered a concussion late in the 1st quarter and was replaced by Colin Kaepernick.
They improved their tackle position by signing Jake Long, but lost the franchise all time leading rusher, Steven Jackson, who signed with the Atlanta Falcons. Not to bad of a team, but they still need a lot of work, right now they are pretty much competing with the Arizona Cardinals for 3rd place in the division, unless they become one of those ‘come back’ teams and shock us all. Their defense seems solid enough, they just need more production from the offense, so I think that side of the ball will be the main focus come draft night next Thursday.
Taking a look at their schedule, they have a tough start to the season, first hosting division rivals Arizona Cardinals, but having to travel to Atlanta to play the Falcons, then Dallas to play the Cowboys, then back home to host the San Francisco 49ers. They have a few games on their schedule that they should take, Arizona being a possible 2 game sweep, the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Sep. 8 Arizona Cardinals 3:25p
- Sep. 15 at Atlanta Falcons 12:00p
- Sep. 22 at Dallas Cowboys 12:00p
- Sep. 26 San Francisco 49ers (Thurs) 7:25p
- Oct. 6 Jacksonville Jaguars 12:00p
- Oct. 13 at Houston Texans 12:00p
- Oct. 20 at Carolina Panthers 12:00p
- Oct. 28 Seattle Seahawks (Mon) 7:40p
- Nov. 3 Tennessee Titans 12:00p
- Nov. 10 at Indianapolis Colts 12:00p
- Nov. 17 BYE
- Nov. 24 Chicago Bears 12:00p
- Dec. 1 at San Francisco 49ers 3:05p
- Dec. 8 at Arizona Cardinals 3:25p
- Dec. 15 New Orleans Saints 12:00p
- Dec. 22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 12:00p
- Dec. 29 at Seattle Seahawks 3:25p
Topics: St. Louis Rams