Training camp is just around the corner for all the teams in the league and we will be getting into the preseason in no time. Time to put together our power rankings for the year before we even see teams get on the field.
…let’s just jump right in:
1. Seattle Seahawks: This is one of the best looking teams on paper and I think they are stronger than their division rival San Francisco 49ers. I think they have a great shot going all the way this year. I also didn’t have the heart to place the Denver Broncos at the top of this list.
2. Denver Broncos: After all the acquisitions this offseason, they are making a run for the championship. Peyton Manning is not going to play forever. This will be one of his best rosters that he has played with.
3. Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan and those pair of receivers with Steven Jackson and Tony Gonzalez is dynamic. Definitely will be one of the best offenses in the league and will be fun to watch.
4. Green Bay Packers: It is difficult to ever go against a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers. He is such a dangerous weapon on offense and can make the amazing happen.
5. San Francisco 49ers: Why so low on the Niners? There is something that I don’t trust about Colin Kaepernick. I will let him prove me wrong this season.
6. Houston Texans: I never really know what to think of this team, but Arian Foster and JJ Watt can carry both sides of the football.
7. New England Patriots: I don’t remember the last time that I felt so low on the Patriots, but there is a lot of craziness that is happening around that team right now. I am not sure how they will perform on offense.
8. Baltimore Ravens: They lost a ton of key players, but I can’t rank the Super Bowl Champions any lower than this.
9. New York Giants: Aren’t they good every other year? This could be another year they sneak into the playoffs and make magic happen.
10. Washington Redskins: RGIII is so dang good if he is healthy. I think he can make this team compete once again.
11. New Orleans Saints: I can’t put Drew Brees any lower on this list. He is too good to be placed any lower.
12. Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler is a wild card. Some days he looks like one of the best ever and other days he looks like Jay Cutler.
13. Cincinnati Bengals: The defense is strong and they have enough offense to win games.
14. Minnesota Vikings: Can Adrian Peterson carry the team all over again?
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: This defense can be really, really good.
16. San Diego Chargers: This probably is the highest anyone ranks them at this time in the season. I believe.
17. Dallas Cowboys: Seems fitting that the Cowboys and Chargers are ranked right next to each other.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: The team just seems to be getting older and older
19. Indianapolis Colts: I think they are due for a step back to reality.
20. St Louis Rams: I don’t trust in Sam Bradford too much, but I like some of the pieces they have put in place. Tavon Austin will be fun to watch.
21. Detroit Lions: Megatron will have to step up and save the day.
22. Kansas City Chiefs: The team is improving, but I still don’t see them as a big threat.
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Not sure of the quarterback play for Chip Kelly will be enough for him
24. Miami Dolphins: A lot of money spent by the Dolphins this offseason, but not sure if it was well spent.
25. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton needs to step up big time this season to bring this team back into contention.
26. Cleveland Browns: They are the Browns.
27. Arizona Cardinals: They are the Cardinals.
28. Buffalo Bills: They are the Bills.
29. New York Jets: I could have kept on going with that theme, but decided to stop. Rex Ryan doesn’t have much talent on this roster. Who starts at quarterback? Mark Sanchez? Good Luck!
30. Tennessee Titans: Jake Locker? They need all kinds of help.
31. Oakland Raiders: Matt Flynn is just not that good.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars: This team is a mess.