Here on NFL Spin Zone, we pride ourselves in covering all 32 teams as equally as possible, and our goal is to try to cover as many NFL-related topics as possible. Whether it’s covering injury news or the latest free agent rumors, writing mock drafts, breaking down game film of draft prospects or pros, covering teams in-depth, writing our observations from games, giving players of the week, or penning opinion columns, our goal is to give NFL fans a wide variety of coverage. There’s plenty of news covered here, but there’s also plenty of analysis, especially analysis that is embedded into our news content.
We’re looking for more writers to add to our strong staff in order to further our coverage this offseason, and there are plenty of talented voices out there. There’s no writer cap on our site, as our only goal is assemble as many talented writers as possible. You don’t need to be Hemingway or have excellent grammar, as average writing ability will do. The most important things we want out of our writers are a passion for the game and a deep understanding of the NFL. Whether you are all about covering news and viral content, breaking down draft prospects, writing opinions columns, or sifting through All-22 footage, there’s room for your contributions on this site.
These are potential roles you could have on our site:
- Draft experts
- Fantasy football experts
- Newsdesk writers
- Satirical content
- All-22/film aficionados
- At least one post per week, but we’re really flexible and are willing to allow less than this amount.
- Pay is not guaranteed, but writers who eclipse the 10,000 pageview mark (we had six such writers last month) are eligible for revenue share, and some of our writers have earned over $50 in a month.
- Writers who show a special amount of work ethic and talent will be strongly considered for promotions both within the site and within the network.
- Prior experience is preferred, but it obviously isn’t a requirement.
- We receive plenty of exposure each month and have a content partnership with Sports Illustrated, so pageviews are not an issue.
- Please email me at autzenzoo[at]gmail.com if you are interested, and you can ask me any questions with the assurance that I will give an honest answer; I’m pretty much open to anything.
- Our official application is here, and you’ll have to fill it out if you would like to join the site. It’s best to email me as a “heads up” (especially if you have questions or need further info) before or shortly after applying, so I have an idea of who is interested. On the application, please indicate that you are applying to write for “NFL Spin Zone”.
- Some of our writers have gone on to full-time employment and larger publications, so this could be a stepping stone for you. More importantly, it’s a great way to hone your skills, have your voice heard, get a start in sports media if this interests you, and it’s pretty darn fun.
Topics: NFL Writers Wanted