This week 13 match-up is between two of the better stories in the NFL this season. The Chicago Bears have the best record in the NFC North and are trying to distance themselves from the Green Bay Packers and try and secure a first round bye in the postseason.
The Seahawks on the other hand are just trying to stay in the final wildcard spot after suffering a tough loss to the Miami Dolphins last Sunday in a game that they very well should have won.
This game is one of the closer contests of the week, as it should be. Here are the results from AccuScore based on 10,000 Simulations.
- In the 10,000 simulations, Chicago won 51% of the time, whereas the Seahawks won 48% of the time. The other 1% were ties.
- If the Seahawks are on the positive end of the turnover margin then they win 70% of the time. If the Bears win the turnover battle, then they win 80% of the time.
- If Marshawn Lynch can rush for more than 71 yards, the Seahawks chances of winning jumps to 74%. If Matt Forte rushes for more, then the Bears’ odds go to 75%
- With Matt Forte questionable, Michael Bush is expected to get a lot of the carries. If he can average at least 4 yards per carry, the Bears are 65% favorites
- If Seattle can sack Bears QB Jay Cutler at least 4 times, there chances of winning are solid 60%. However, if they can’t sack Cutler, there chances of winning fall to only 35%
- AccuScore is 7-4 with Seahawks projections this year. They are 6-5 for the Bears.
The game is a very close projection with the Bears just a 52% favorite. Both teams have a lot on the line, but I think the Seahawks come through in a game to help solidify their playoff position.
Prediction: Seahawks 27 Bears 20