Nov 23, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; St. Louis Rams wide receiver
(81) celebrates a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers during the second quarter at Qualcomm Stadium. The touchdown would be called back on a penalty. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Many believe that the Carolina Panthers are not very far off from being legitimate contenders in the NFL. Despite many gaping holes on the roster this past season, they were able to secure yet another NFC South championship, as well as notch a playoff win.
More from Carolina Panthers
- A silver lining to the Carolina Panthers rough preseason?
- 2023 NFL Season: NFC South shaping up to be an exciting division
- 5 NFL teams who missed playoffs in 2022 but will make it in 2023
- 2023 NFL Season: Way too early picks for division winners
- Fantasy Football: Undervalued, sleeper RBs to target in drafts in 2023
One of the bigger holes Carolina will need to fill is at the wide receive position.
Last offseason, general manager, David Gettleman, was limited in what he could do in free agency, as he inherited a nightmare of a salary cap situation. As a result, Cam Newton was given very little help.
This year, the cap situation should be a little better, so Gettleman is planning on doing much more – he even went as far as to say that they will no longer be limited to the “Dollar Store.”
There figures to be quite a few options at the wide receiver position, but the Panthers still won’t be shopping for the high-end options likes Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas, should they leave their current teams.
That being said, there are some quality, lower-priced options that could bring a lot to the table while still allowing Gettleman to fill other needs as well.
So who are these guys? Let’s find out.
Next: Dwayne Harris