Round 1: Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
After careful consideration, Arizona chooses to keep the first overall selection of the 2019 NFL Draft. Nick Bosa out of Ohio State is taken to build the future of the defense. Bosa will pay dividends with this investment by the Cardinals.
More from NFL Spin Zone
- Dallas Cowboys made the trade everyone else should have made
- Pittsburgh Steelers rookie sleeper everyone should be talking about
- Anthony Richardson putting jaw-dropping talent on display immediately
- Denver Broncos’ stud wide receiver might be out for a while
- Washington Commanders: Three takeaways from win over Ravens
It has been said that a team with a good defense will win more consistently. Good defenses disrupt the opposing quarterbacks in the pocket. Bosa gives the Redbirds that extra dimension as a pass rusher.
Bosa played 29 games at Ohio State. He recorded 17.5 sacks with 77 total tackles. He was a disruptive force on the defensive line. Bosa also performed well at the NFL Combine. He bench pressed 225 pounds 29 times. He ran a 4.79-second 40-yard dash. Physically, he stands 6-4, weighing 266 pounds.
Bosa is too good a talent to pass on. He fits their need on defense and has the time to adjust to the professional game. If he stays healthy, he will wreak havoc on opposing teams going forward.
The Cardinals wisely decide to keep the first overall selection. In the second round, they address another need to help Rosen and the offense. Will it be a tight end, wide receiver or lineman?