The Miami Dolphins were rumored to be interested in moving up to the No. 1 overall spot in the upcoming 2020 NFL Draft. If any team could entice the Cincinnati Bengals to drop down, it would be the Dolphins, who have three picks in the first round. However, that’s still not enough to get them to budge.
More from NFL Spin Zone
- Tennessee Titans: Good news, Derrick Henry isn’t Le’Veon Bell
- Minnesota Vikings face uphill battle to retain playoff status
- Nick Foles could thrive with competition, coaching familiarity with Bears
- Washington Redskins: Thaddeus Moss worth taking a chance
- Las Vegas Raiders: 5 Top targets with No. 12 pick in 2020 NFL Draft
Cincinnati is ready to turn the page at quarterback and head coach Zac Taylor needs to find his own guy to get the job done. It just so happens that they can look for that here with Joe Burrow, who was the best quarterback in the nation last season, and it wasn’t even close.
Burrow has all the tools needed to be successful. He’s calm and cool in the pocket but he can also race outside of it when things break down and make plays. He can throw it on the run as well as anyone and his confidence is through the roof.
The question will be whether or not the brass in Cincy can build a winning team around him. They’ve struggled with roster-building in the past but they have shown early on this offseason that they’re finally willing to pay some people. Perhaps that’s a good sign for Burrow as he will be in charge of turning the franchise around.