5. Miami Dolphins
The two teams that were praised for their uniform “change” this offseason really didn’t do anything new. Both the Cleveland Browns and Tampa Bay Buccaneers were able to make fans happy by going back to what worked in the past. They both had made changes recently that were poorly received and decided to jump into their Delorean and go retro with their looks.
More from NFL Spin Zone
- How the Cincinnati Bengals can win the AFC North in 2020
- Top 100 NFL players entering the 2020 season: Nos. 80-71
- George Kittle’s big new contract still gives the 49ers great value
- Which NFL teams would be most and least affected by canceling the season?
- Dallas Cowboys signing Everson Griffen superior to Robert Quinn move in 2019
For the Miami Dolphins, they could stand to do the same thing. Their current uniform isn’t bad at all but those who truly love the team don’t like it near as much as they did the former style the team used to wear.
Back in 2013, the Dolphins made some big changed which included tweaking their color scheme and going with a lighter aqua. They also changed the sunburst logo and went from the helmet-wearing dolphin logo to a simple dolphin.
Then a couple of seasons later, they started to wear their throwbacks with the original logo on their helmets and every time they do, fans remind them through social media that this is the look they truly love — and want.
They don’t have to go the same course the Browns did and go with the exact same uniforms from the past and call them new, but they would be wise to use something that looks much more similar to this — and they need to put the helmet back on the dolphin because it is awesome.