Los Angeles Chargers (4-9) at Las Vegas Raiders (7-6)
Thursday, December 17, 8:20PM ET
I’ve said it plenty of times before and I’ll say it again — the Los Angeles Chargers are better than their record indicates. Unfortunately, poor coaching and luck this season have watched them fall further than any anticipated coming into the year.
More from NFL Spin Zone
- Green Bay Packers: 5 Budget free agents to target for 2021
- Dallas Cowboys land top-tier cornerback in 7-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Green Bay Packers 7-round 2021 NFL mock draft revamps O-line
- Miami Dolphins: Charting the 3 biggest plays from the 2020 season
- How the Green Bay Packers can make it to Super Bowl 56
As for the Las Vegas Raiders, they’ve been wildly erratic. We honestly have no idea what to expect from them each and every weekend. The Raiders haven’t been amazing this season, but they’ve shown enough upside to warrant serious consideration for one of the final playoffs spots in the AFC.
On Thursday night, Las Vegas is going to take advantage of Los Angeles’ inconsistent defense with a career performance from Derek Carr. The young gunslinger comes ready to play, and Jon Gruden puts together the perfect game plan to set him up for success. Carr shreds the Chargers’ secondary, throwing for at least 350 yards and four touchdowns.
Justin Herbert does his best to keep things close, but can’t create enough points to get Los Angeles the W. The season is effectively over for the Chargers, while the Raiders do just enough to stay relevant for at least one more week.
Prediction: Raiders win 31-26